Thursday, March 31, 2016

Desiree Lyon Howe to receive the NORD Rare Impact Award

Desiree Lyon Howe to receive the NORD Rare Impact Award

Congratulations!! 

Desiree Lyon Howe will be receiving the Rare Impact Award in Washington, DC on May 17, 2016 for her many accomplishments to further porphyria research, awareness and education.  This prestigious award is given on behalf of the National Organization for Rare Diseases and the 30 million Americans they represent. 

Desiree's response to the news was, "The staff and the members of the American Porphyria Foundation work together to make these advances possible.  I share this Award with each of them."

You may view the official announcement here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

#NPAW2017 Ryan Taal & EPP~ Let's storm the doors down!

I have suffered from EPP since I was born. Shortly after I was born, my parents went camping and had me out in the sun. I very quickly beg...