Today I received a call. THE call. We finally have a date. Our donor has picked their harvest date and we are set for Chemo on September 23rd. Its finally happening, and I'm not sure how I feel. I'm just ready to get this done and over with. Being in isolation just for those 5 days, gave me a taste of what we're in for, and I'm not excited. Either way, I am so happy that after everything is all said and done, Oliver will be disease free!
Thanks again for all your support. Without you, we would not have the strength to get through this. I will continue to update you as soon as information becomes available. Please continue to share this with your friends and extended family. It's because of you we've got this far.
Oliver is getting closer and closer to transplant, which leaves us with mixed emotions; Excited, anxious, nervous, impatient, scared. They set him up for another liver biopsy next tuesday to make sure his liver is functioning well enough to survive the chemotherapy. After that, then they are going to decide whether they want to use bone marrow or cord blood. If they choose cord blood, Oliver could very well be admitted into transplant in 2 weeks. If they choose bone marrow, it could take up to another month. I know they will choose the best route for him, but I'm just so anxious to get this done and over with.
Please keep your thoughts and prayers coming the way.
Danny, Nikki, Luca & Oliver